Bonnie Chapel Cemetery - Bonnie Chapel Area
LOCATION: The Bonnie Chapel Cemetery is located in the NW/4 of the SW/4 of Section 34, T4S-R8W. It is approximately 16.7 miles north northeast of Ocean Springs, Mississippi.
DIRECTIONS: From the intersection of US 90 and Mississippi Highway 57 east of Ocean Springs, go north on Highway 57 18.2 miles to Wire Road. At Wire Road turn left (west) and go 2.48 miles to the intersection of O'Neal Road. Turn left (southwest) on O'Neal Road and go .1 miles to the Bonnie Chapel Cemetery on the left.
HISTORY: The Bonnie Chapel Cemetery is associated with the Bonnie Chapel United Methodist Church. The present church at the intersection of O'Neal Road and Wire Road was dedicated in 1951. It was built on land deeded to the church by W.Z. Fletcher.
The Bonnie Chapel Cemetery is very new. It is designed for 1100 graves on a 2.75 acre site. The cemetery land had been owned through the years by large turpentine and timber companies. In May 1989, International Paper Timberlands conveyed the cemetery tract and others to the trustees of the Bonnie Chapel United Methodist Church (Jackson County Deed Book 940, pp. 779-780).
The cemetery was surveyed in December 1989, by William F. Appleton (Jackson County Survey Plat Book 18, p. 46).
Edwin E. Burt III 8-27-1919 to 6-3-2008
Oma Katherine Powell Burt 1-21-1926 to 1-17-2009
Etta Mae Cook Ebert Davern 2-9-1923 to 4-29-2001
Deborah A. Dawkins 6-19-1950 to
Michael S. Dawkins 8-17-1947 to 4-19-2006
Ola M. Ford 4-21-1941 to
Dennis E. O'Neal 8-2-1928 to
Irene M. O'Neal 2-13-1928 to 12-23-1991
Mark W. Prevost 7-31-1965 to 8-7-2009
Ola M. Thompson 4-21-1941 to
James Elroy Thompson 9-10-1937 to 11-3-2009
The History of Jackson County, Mississippi, "Bonnie Chapel United Methodist Church", (Jackson County Genealogical Society: Pascagoula-1989), p. 68.
The Sun Herald, "Mr. Mark W. Prevost", August 10, 2009, p. A4.
Ray L. Bellande
August 28, 1993; and October 21, 2010 with Anne Galle' Nash;